Music choices for wedding first dances.
Music choices for wedding dances are often widely debated amongst would be first dance couples learning to dance. There is a huge range of music and styles to choose from, so decision making can be exhaustive! Your expert DanceMaker from Beaus & Belles, however is skilled in choreographing steps to fit your track and will listen to the main background beat suggested..eg Everything (Michael Buble) suggests cha cha cha, so your dance may have this type of influence in the choreography.
Our top tips for beginners and more advanced:
- Find a piece of music that inspires you.
- Remember the faster tracks or mid tempo pieces will be more likely to encourage guests to the dance floor
- Avoid choosing complex rhthms or styles if you are beginners.
- If you are more confident, a salsa rhythm or latin flavour can be fun/how about a jive?
- Or maybe a mix of music (we suggest about 4 changes for a 1.5 min dance -moving from slow to fast and back again?)
- How about a group dance with best man and bridesmaids!
- If you are really unsure, why not purchase our company DVD First Dance Fever which is ‘the definitive first dance guide, created for couples wishing to learn a simple but magical routine for that special occasion.’ Amazon £12.99 The DVD is a general resource for wedding first dance learning as well as helping you specifically to learn either one of two set routines.
- Finally style is important..what style of dance do you envisage, are you both after a classic dance, a humerous dance, a romantic dance, a dance in a certain style..you will need to have a good think about this together! The music will dictate the style you wish to do and vice versa…
Finally some further links for wedding dance music here: http://www.theweddingcommunity.com/440/Expert-Advice/Article/Top-10-Most-Popular-First-Dance-Songs-for-2012
Happy Dancing! Samantha Jennings Directing Choreographer
Postedby Beaus & Belles www.dances4u.co.uk
- Beaus & Belles for Sale – Fantastic Opportunity to buy an established award winning UK First Dance business
- How to get Married without Going Bankrupt
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about wedding first dance lessons
- Wedding First Dance Song choices and tips for choosing music for your wedding – Beaus & Belles
- Sozo arts honeymoon – a wedding escape with an artistic difference